About Me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
I am living in the age of quarantine and a brand-new LPN.

Friday, June 8, 2007

We have kids to keep us humble

Some of you know that Paul has been translating some of St. Basil's homilies into English, and has a book deal. His work is all done, and we're just waiting for Greg Yova of Project Mexico to finish up a preface to the book before Paul sends it to the publisher. We were chatting about this and that this morning at breakfast, and we were talking about Paul's birthday, which is coming up next week. I said something about him turning 40 next year, and he was asking out loud what he has to show for being 40. I said, he's got a book that will be out by then! That's a pretty cool thing. Then he turned to talking about what he's thinking about the book: does he want to do some kind of a "meet the author" kind of release party?

At that, Zachary piped up: Dad, St. Basil is dead! You're not the author, just the translator.

I laughed until I had to wipe tears from my eyes.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Bwahahahahaahahahhaa! He's so cute!

SC