About Me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
I am living in the age of quarantine and a brand-new LPN.

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Once

Yesterday I went to see the movie, Once. Our local newspaper movie guy, Shawn Levy, was just crazy for it, and it sounded like the kind of movie I'd like. Well, my intuition was right. It was simple and sweet. The director says it's a movie about two musicians falling in love, so I'll go along with that, but really, I think it's more of two people becoming fast friends, really caring for each other. Which is to say, falling in love, I suppose, but in a different way than we usually think of. I just didn't think they ever seemed to have the chemistry that goes along with romantic love.

Both boy and girl are haunted by their last relationships. They're both lonely, and I think looking for meaning in a poverty-stricken world. They both love music and begin making beautiful music together. I think that's what really makes this movie--the music. It wouldn't be the same if you didn't hear them singing together, and learning music together.

1 comment:

DebD said...

I saw a preview for that movie last week. It does like very nice.

SC