About Me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
I am living in the age of quarantine and a brand-new LPN.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Obama's Race Speech

I knew, when I read this morning that Obama was going to address the race issue in a speech, that he could do it well. But Paul and I just listened to it online and if I hadn't been tired and closing my eyes on the couch, I would have jumped up and cheered. It was amazing! Please, please listen to it if you haven't already.

And to top off my evening, I just read this post on Andy's blog. Andy, you've got a way with words!

I've been hedging my bets somewhat on who I plan to vote for, but it's sealed now. Obama addressed race in a way that hit just the right note. I want him for my next president.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

I agree, he rocked it. I LOVE him. Sniff, sniff and his speaking makes me tear up.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, though.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I'm feeling fine, Mimi! We were just listening late in the evening and I was tired. That's all.

Unknown said...

He threw his Granny under the bus to mitigate his relationship with a wing nut. No shame there.

Clay Moore

Elizabeth said...

Clay, I don't understand this interpretation. He showed love and understanding for all these people in his life, and acknowledged something that we seem to be lacking in this country--the idea that every one of us contains good and bad. He loves his grandmother, but doesn't try to whitewash the bad in her. That would be truly disrespectful of her if he had.

SC