About Me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
I am living in the age of quarantine and a brand-new LPN.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Feeling what's right in the world

I just read the latest post on my sister-in-law's blog, and have to recommend it to you all. LaDonna is proclaiming for today what is good in her world, contrasting with focusing on the negative. I was feeling this way yesterday too--looking for the good and finding it, because there is good all around us.

Good Things I have enjoyed this past week:
1. a walk in the rain with Maria
2. seeing daffodils and other spring flowers, and smelling their delicate scent
3. eating a delicious lentil soup on the first day of Lent and really tasting it
4. sitting in silence and in community with others at our Clean Monday Retreat of silence
5. kissing each person who came to Forgiveness Vespers on Sunday and asking for and receiving forgiveness
6. seeing yet another knit-in-progress with rich earthy colors and feeling a bit of oh-so-soft silk yarn from Magpie's ever-present stash

And those are just the ones off the top of my head. I am so blessed.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Wonderful, beautiful good things! Grin!

Magpie Ima said...

Why aren't you a knitter? If you can remember that admittedly luscious silk days later it seems to me you should be one of us. Anyway, I'm delighted to hear that I added something to your week, as you always to to mine.

Elizabeth said...

Didn't I just tell you why I'm not a knitter on Tuesday? You just don't give up, do you? ;-)

Okay, add friends who push me to do good things to my list of blessings. Even if I don't ever do them.

DebD said...

I just love this idea. I think I'll follow suit.

SC