About Me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
I am living in the age of quarantine and a brand-new LPN.

Friday, November 30, 2007


Just a bit over two weeks until the Aurora Chorus concert! We've been working very hard on this and as of tomorrow all the music should be memorized. We have a retreat this weekend--a whole weekend of rehearsals.

I was a bit disappointed when I found out the concert attire, because I have a black dress that I thought would be just perfect, but it's short sleeved and we're required to wear at least 3/4 length sleeves. In trying to figure out what to wear with it I finally decided to drop by my favorite little sewing shop and see if it was doable to whip something up quickly. And indeed, Ruthie (the store owner) is invaluable in helping me figure out what I can do and how to do it. I came home with black fabric and a pattern for a great little swingy jacket. That was yesterday; today, after a day of working on it, plus cutting it out last night, I have a wonderful jacket to wear with my dress! I don't think I've ever made anything that turned out so well. This picture doesn't do it justice; I guess I'll have to take a picture of it while wearing something else lighter in color under so the detail will show up.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Wow! You did great, that is PERFECT!

(and, you look fabulous!)

Rebeca said...

Good job! I need to swing into action and sew up some white clothing to wear for when we're brought into the Church on the 15th. Thanks for your comments! We arrived home safely- flew into Eugene- and missed the snow altogether. But we did get home just in time for a lovely couple of days of howling wind and rain and dreary gray skies! Ah, Oregon! I'd love to see a little snow a bit more often.
Blessings!
Rebeca

Molly Newman said...

Cute jacket! You look great!

I am in awe of folks with sewing skills. Have often thought how great it would be to be able to make something the color, pattern and cut I want rather than what's at the store... but I'm far too untalented to master sewing, I fear.

SC