About Me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
I am living in the age of quarantine and a brand-new LPN.

Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Poem (rare as a blue moon)

moon riding
alongside my car
taking a trip through the irrigation canal.
Or rather
the moon's reflection, fractured and rippling.
The moon,
itself a reflection,
is almost full in the night sky.
I am
14 hours south
by car
of my home, yet
close to my hometown.
Darkness, even though
it's only 9 pm
(an hour earlier than darkness falls at home)
has almost surrounded me.
But one bright moon
and one bright moon-reflection
are my companions as I travel
to a place where...what?
I will be home again?
No, only a reflection of me
or perhaps I am the reflection.

Photo compliments of Flickr, taken by Tony and Sherice

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Gorgeous, both the photo and the poem!

SC